Kiori Kawai conducts Workshops of Contact improvisation and Performance with interactive installation.
- Contact Improvisation
This workshop will explore how the sense of physical contact affects our bodies and minds. As we observe our conscious and unconscious movement choices, we’ll use kinesthetic awareness as a conversation to explore connection between ourselves and others. This will include physical partnering with sharing weight, playing with gravity, and exchanging ideas.
- Performance with Interactive Installation
This workshop focuses on improvisational movement within a technology based interactive installation. The workshop will begin with exercises to engage our bodies, minds, and entire sensorium with the present moment. Next we’ll extend this sensorial awareness to the technology, as a way of creating choreographic structure. Finally, we’ll integrate an improvisational score with the interactive installation, both as individuals and as a group.
She has been taught at
- New York University-Abu Dhabi, U.A.E
- Tinkuy, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Wrong Movement Studio, Athens, Greece
- New England Dance Camp, New Hampshire
- Transformation Festival, U.S.A-Denmark
- Deakin University/Federation Square, Melbourne, Australia
- Savannah Arts Academy/ Telfair Museums, Savannah, GA
- Burning Man Festival, NV
- Dancing Water, TX
- Azule Dance Theater, NY
- Rinyou Temple, Gifu, Japan